The University of Manchester has held its first ever awards ceremony to celebrate the responsible practices of its suppliers, as part of a major initiative to recognise and support businesses that want to work in more sustainable ways.
Action plans created by 1,400 suppliers to the University using our Supplier Engagement Tool (HE) were used to decide on the shortlist of 8.
The full list of winners and highly commended entrants:
- Matthew Algie & Company Ltd – Outstanding Demonstration of Social Impact
- Carl Zeiss Ltd – Outstanding Demonstration of Environmental Impact
- Thomas Kneale & Co Ltd – Outstanding demonstration of impact by a local SME
Highly Commended for their Demonstration of Responsible Procurement:
- Central Power Services Limited
- Chariot Office Supplies Ltd
- Gilson Scientific Ltd
- Malvern Instruments
- Personnel Hygiene Services Limited
Click here to find out more about the Awards event held on 8 November 2017.