We now have a separate website dedicated to our Supplier Engagement Tool (HE) containing all of the information both current Tool providers, suppliers and anyone interested in finding out more about the Tool should need. Check out the website here: http://www.netpositivesupplier.co.uk/
The NETpositive Supplier Engagement Tool (HE)
In collaboration with the NWUPC, NEUPC, SUPC, TUCO purchasing consortia and The University of Manchester, this HE version of the tool was launched to the wider Higher Education sector in February 2016. The tool is designed to support and develop the supply chain, which is crucial to embedding sustainability in the procurement process.
The tool also includes content that specifically addresses the requirements of the Modern Slavery Act to help procurement professionals meet their disclosure obligation.
We now have 47 universities signed up as tool providers with 4,500 suppliers registered and creating action plans.
As a supplier of a large number of universities we have also created our own NETpositive Futures Action Plan using the Tool. Click on the image below to see the actions we have committed to:
The NETpositive Supplier Engagement (HE) Tool enables a purchasing consortium or university to have a way of offering their suppliers an opportunity to generate their own, bespoke Sustainability Action Plan.
The consortia/universities are able to interrogate the data that is generated to understand not only how their suppliers are making progress in relation to sustainability but also to better understand their needs.
Click on the icon to read our briefing note on how the Tool can help you to meet your Modern Slavery Act obligations
We have created a short walk-through of the HE version of the Tool below:
We work with a consortium/university to:
- plan a roll-out that engages as many stakeholders as possible
- communicate the value of the tool to their stakeholders
- ensure they can appropriately support their suppliers along the way
- ensure they have access to data they can use for reporting
- help them understand the importance of evidence-based engagement
A supplier can:
- create a log-in to access the tool created for them
- use the tool content to auto generate a Sustainability Action plan for their business – for free!
- use the plan to map their current activity and develop strategies and plans
- evidence progress they can share with their own stakeholders
- use their approach to win new business!
- Provides a clear demonstration of leadership in relation to supplier engagement and sustainability
- Co-ordinates the range of support you offer your suppliers through a single portal
- Provides clear signposting to additional support your suppliers can access
- Captures powerful data relating to the sustainability impacts, decisions and commitments of your suppliers
- Creates a strong evidence base for ongoing supplier engagement
- Gathers the collective impact of your suppliers’ businesses for you to communicate
Suppliers using the tool can:
- Undertake a simple sustainability analysis of their business impacts
- Create a bespoke action plan to help them become a more sustainable business
- Be signposted to business-relevant information, events and activities that will support their sustainability journey
- Demonstrate progress against their individual action plans
- Utilise the action plan to communicate what they are actually doing rather than what they are committed to at a policy level.
Click on the following links to access information about the NETpositive Supplier Engagement (HE) Tool:
Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to arrange to have a chat about the tool or are interested in signing up.